Friday 27 May 2011

"Venezuela, that was some mean bush."

Recently I have been fighting the urge to pick up a new job. I think everyone, at some point or another, has been tempted to level a job based purely on appearances and at the moment, for me, it's RNG.

Maybe it's perceived 2nd rate status in Abyssea meant that many rangers didn't prioritise getting their AF3, or maybe Unicorn had a bunch of super Rangers, but suddenly I seem to be surrounded by Taru in green berets.

That AF does look a little military, doesn't it? So, yeah, cute but tough-looking little buggers. Very tempting.

I'm already collecting gear for a mythical "next job". I'm working towards SMN at the moment (the job I wanted to level when I first started playing) but I don't have plans to do it anytime soon; when I do it I want really focus on it.

But, since I don't really have that much experience of SMN, am I also leveling that based on appearances? It's hard to say. Maybe that is also why I don't want to rush into.

However, I am a strong believer that if you have an itch you should scratch it, both in RL and FFXI (except in the case of extra-marital relations). The best course of action here then, is that awesome FFXI fallback: the sub-job. Or, in the Abyssea age, level 30. Either way, getting a job to 37 (or 49) never feels like a waste of time, so I better start there, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment