Tuesday 24 May 2011

bb MNK!

It's a bit of a sad decision but I have decided not to pursue MNK in a serious way. I'll grab enough AF3+2 and my Brown Belt (got the Dodo Skin and Nue Fang this weekend) to reach the Haste cap and I would like to grab the ammo item. I'll call it there, though.

Why did I level MNK? Well, a couple of IRL friends came back to the game and we were doing most things together as a trio. We really wanted to increase our independence as a group so we decided we needed a MNK to a) proc Blues and b) burn jobs using Cataclysm. Thus we invested a bunch of time and effort preparing ourselves (one friend even did a pocket WHM) to do all these things and then, as I feared, the two friends lost interest and took another break.

It made sense for me to do MNK as I had PUP already so my hand-to-hand was respectable and, due to wanting to be the complete BLM, my staff skill was pretty nice too. Also, one friend was really a NIN main, and that overlapped awkwardly with my NIN. Conversely, I now rarely get to use MNK.

It's disappointing for me because I'd never start something without the intention of doing it to the best of my ability. A full set of AF3+2 was definitely on the list, as was some Revenant Fists (at the least), but i don't think I can justify the time for that.

Ho-hum. I'll keep all my gear handy though! Love those porter moogles.

No comments:

Post a Comment