Wednesday 8 December 2010

The wander returns

I reactivated my account on the 1st and I'm really quite pleased to be back :)

I cancelled my IDs in October 2009 but by that point I had already been playing Aion since the 4th Open Beta, which was around mid-August.

At that time I'd just become frustrated with so many things in FFXI and Aion offered a much simpler source of enjoyment. I, like may others, was also worried that FFXI would totally die when FFXIV came out. Knowing SE maybe I shouldn't have been so worried...

So, I spent 9 months away, and then some of the changes annouced in the Visions of Abyssea made me REALLY want to play again. Aion also dried up at that time as everyone stopped doing everything in anticipation of the 2.0 update making it easier.

Sadly, I quickly got sucked back into FFXI end game and tried to do way too many things and was quickly overwhelmed. I played for about 6 weeks before cancelling again. I didn't manage to do any of the things I wanted to do when I started playing again and I figured I was wasting my time.

I returned to Aion when 2.0 was released but NCSoft's failure to bring race balance to the servers has since destroyed the game. The community was also horrible. Aion Source, one of the main community sites, was just "urgghhh". You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.

So, I thought the time was right for a new FFXI dabble.

SE seem to be making some frankly fantastic changes. Now the pressure is off to squeeze every last drop of EXP from a party, people are enjoying a much wider variety of stuff. People seem happy and chilled out.

It's a good time to be a Taru.

No comments:

Post a Comment