Monday 9 May 2011

May Version Update

I haven't posted in a while because there was a bit of a backlash against achievement posts on TTTO.

So, I think I might be in the minority but I am quite excited about today's update.

For starters, and most importantly, I took a Faith Torque on a mule in the last bonanza, just on the off chance they introduced transferring gear between chars on the same account. One of my better choices!

But also consider all that other Rare/Ex gear that you don't want to chuck but that takes up space? That can all go to mules.

Merit point changes are welcome. The weapon and magic changes being the most relevant to most people, I guess. More HP and STR no bad thing though!

I'm interested to see the changes to the availability of +2 Empyrean items in Visions and Scars areas. Will the Heroes +2s be on the same mobs as the Scars +2 items? Will they add +2s from Scars to Visions bosses?

I also like the change to let you see your lights when you rest. Simple but welcome!

Don't much care for Voidwatch. Apart from Empy weapons no one bothers with the existing VNM system. And, personally, this seems a bit more like the Allied Notes NMs that no-one bothered with the instant they realised you couldn't get decent gear from them.

I'm also excited for the Adventuring Fellow upgrade. A lot of people were quite scornful of this change but poll on PFA showed a lot of people still using their fellows. I still use mine but being late to the game she is only 52 atm. Very handy for pet kill Magian Trials though!

Stack size changes could be moderately useful if it affects food and meds.

Oh, and finally, let's not forget the Dynamis changes. Whew. This is a big update!

Even if it doesn't have any new cutscenes...

1 comment:

  1. I don't care much for the updates these days, but I've been looking forward to the Adventuring Fellow changes, being able to call them in new areas and so on.

    I also remember seeing some news about Dynamis changing and thinking that I should ask someone to show me around a Dynamis zone some day, before they change, since I've never been in Dynamis... but I completely forgot. ._.

    ReplyDelete