Thursday 29 July 2010

Things I hate about FFXI

I love a great deal about FFXI. Most of what I love though is hard to pin down but it's mainly to do with richness and depth. It feels like a real world. However, there are numerous things that I really, really hate.

I hate these things because I can't see how any sane person could logically conclude that they contribute to a "fun game". I think that games should be fun. Even if things go badly in a game, you should conclude your play and think "that was fun"!

I think it's a good time to reflect on what was bad about FFXI. With FFXIV around the corner, and having been involved in the alpha/beta, it's a great time to look at where my idea of fun and the FF Developer's idea of fun diverge, and how, in my opinion, FF14 is primed to make all the same mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment